Mr & Mrs G

Mr & Mrs G
All We Need is Love

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Operation No More Paci

Scott and I have talked about when we were going to take away Ariah's pacifier for some time. You don't want to do it when she's sick, teething, going out of town or other big event. Finding that perfect time for all of us has been tough but we know this is something that needs to be done. Our little sweetie is 15 months old and learning to talk and we want to hear her precious little voice. :)
We knew we wanted to begin this process when we got back from our Las Vegas trip. This is how it started: Last night i went to play bunco at my friend Tina's and had Ariah with me. Scott left work early to come pick her up and left behind her milk, bunny & her pink pacifier. Scott took this opportunity while I was away to not give her a paci back at home. Lucky for us we have a spare bunny and lots of milk. When I called to check on Scott and Ariah at 9:05pm Scott told me he put Ariah to bed with no pacifier. I was shocked... he didn't even ask me if it was ok! So I told him if she woke up in the night he got to deal with her. Well, she actually slept really well. She woke up once for a few moments and fell back to sleep. She then woke again at 9am but i let her cry about 10 minutes and she fell back to sleep. At 10:15 i was up and decided to wake her up to so we could start our day with a nice breakfast and a walk. Today is gorgeous!!!
i put Ariah down after lunch for her nap with no pacifier and she cried for about 5 minutes and then closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep! She's been that way for over an hour! I actually think we may make it 24 hours! If we can get through another night like this I actually believe she'll never need a paci ever again!! Could it be to good to be true? Could this be a lot easier than I thought? I am in shock!


Happy St. Patty's Day! Happy March Madness! Let's Go CARDS!!!!


Karlie

No comments:

Post a Comment